About Us |View Annual Reports
Counselling for all
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” — Margaret Mead
What We Do
Awesome Internship Program
Services for Everyone
Our vision at Moving Forward Family Services is to ensure no one is ever turned away from quality counselling services because of lack of funds or long waitlists. Moving Forward Family Services uses a client-centered, anti-oppressive approach to provide safe, accessible, affordable counselling to all. If you want counselling and can come to our offices in Surrey we will provide it. Since we don’t rely on government funding, we turn to the community to support our programs through donations. Note if you are not able to come to our Surrey offices, please call BC 211 and ask for services closer to where you live.
Dr. Balbir Gurm
Ansari Shaikh Abdul (Sam) Mohamed
Member at Large:
This talented group of individuals governs and guides Moving Forward. They donate their time and energy to develop and supervise Moving Forward’s policies and services. They work under the provisions of the Societies Act, ensuring that their work is always in service of the community’s best interests.
Awards of Recognition
- CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) Difference Makers Award recognizing 150 Leading Canadians for Mental Health
- The 2017 Roopchand Seebaran Legacy Social Work Award for Advocacy
The 2017 DRISHTI Magazine Award for Community Engagement
The 2017 Shakti Awards for programming
- The 2016 Dr. Nancy Hall Public Policy Leadership Award (awarded by Canadian Mental Health Association, BC Branch)
The 2016 Inspiring Social Worker of the Year Award by the BC Association of Social Workers
- The 2016 BC Public Health Association Award of Merit
- 2016 Honourable Mention for Community Builder from the Surrey Leader Newspaper
- We serve as a referral source. The services are delivered by private counsellors, not Moving Forward Family Services.
- Our services are provided by insured and highly qualified, fully supervised Registered Clinical Counsellors, Registered Social Workers with Masters Degrees, interns from accredited Masters of Counselling Psychology or Masters of Social Work programs and free services are provided by counselling interns in Diploma programs.
MFFS Right to Refuse
We reserve the right to refuse services to anyone deemed to have acted inappropriately towards counsellors, social workers, volunteers or management.